My Fave Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted: May 22, 2012 | |
I’ve spent half of my adult life having people steal my jokes and gain all the credit due to their better joke delivery. Friend, you know who you are. I guess it’s some kind of karma then that I’ve been posting others’ delicious recipes on Superfora and reap all of the glory. Today’s recipe is no exception. It was passed on to me by the baking genius herself, Lyndsey, when I inquired about an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe for Simon. In little time, I’ve gone from baking for my man to baking for co-workers and friends. Frequently. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are now semi-famous.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (take the butter out in advance so it will be room temp by the time you start baking)
- 1 cup sugar (I add slightly less)
- 1 cup brown sugar (ditto, I add slightly less than a cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, maybe a bit more
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups oats (Quaker quick oat)
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips (eyeball how much you want)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not necessary if you have not-stick sheets). Either with a mixer or by hand, cream together the butter and the sugars in a large bowl until mixture is light in color. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Next, in a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour into the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing them about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stuff yo face